Category Archives: kirstie alley
25. “Veronica’s Closet” – This catches Kirstie Alley at her hottest in my opinion, before “Fat Actress” and after “Cheers.” Hot yes, but funny? I’d have to say not. Bad show or not, Kathy Najimy rocked the closet.
24. “Charles in Charge” – Chachi and Bibleman. Need I say more really?
23. “The Nanny” – When Fran Drescher would laugh, it was charming and cute. But when she pretended to laugh, it was like a nail gun in the ear. On this one it was more the latter than the former.
22. “Webster” – The poor little kid wanted so bad to be Gary Coleman. Even now, and that says a lot.
21. “All-American Girl” – I liked this show a lot. Margaret Cho rocks, and any sitcom that has Quentin Tarantino on has my vote. It’s a shame that the network tortured Margaret and destroyed the show.
Write & Wrong stars Kirstie Alley as a middle-aged screenwriter, who after a bout with alcoholism. tries to get back into Hollywood, but finds herself being phased out by the younger generation of producers, agents and other such LA slime. It’s not just that her ideas are skewed for an older set, but she can’t compete looks-wise with these ‘kids.’
Her secret plan is to pull a Cyrano de Bergerac and have her young good looking nephew shop her scripts around Hollywood. Naturally hilarity ensues including various counts of mistaken identity, misunderstandings and of course, romance (this is Lifetime, ya know).
It’s a pretty simple idea, and might sound like boring and been there done that, but Kirstie Alley pulls it off with spunk and cheek. Of course she’s no stranger to self-effacing humor. Witness her great series “Fat Actress” and her ad campaign for Jenny Craig. Kirstie rocks, this is definitely worth a look.