Category Archives: lucille ball
25. “Veronica’s Closet” – This catches Kirstie Alley at her hottest in my opinion, before “Fat Actress” and after “Cheers.” Hot yes, but funny? I’d have to say not. Bad show or not, Kathy Najimy rocked the closet.
24. “Charles in Charge” – Chachi and Bibleman. Need I say more really?
23. “The Nanny” – When Fran Drescher would laugh, it was charming and cute. But when she pretended to laugh, it was like a nail gun in the ear. On this one it was more the latter than the former.
22. “Webster” – The poor little kid wanted so bad to be Gary Coleman. Even now, and that says a lot.
21. “All-American Girl” – I liked this show a lot. Margaret Cho rocks, and any sitcom that has Quentin Tarantino on has my vote. It’s a shame that the network tortured Margaret and destroyed the show.
Comedian Dick Martin passed away yesterday from respiratory problems. He was 86.
Best known as Dan Rowan’s partner as host NBC’s popular “Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In,” Martin also did stand-up in the 1950s, appeared as Lucille Ball’s wacky neighbor in one of her sitcoms and was the principal director on “Newhart” during the 1990s. I most recently saw him in 2001’s Bartlby.
Will he be missed? You bet your sweet bippy.